Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What just happened?

Okay day 2 on the blog...I wish my days were as exciting as the title of my blog. I think my new running title will be The Misadventures of Jen and Her Giant Backpack Full of Textbooks! Bah! Just passed the hump of the second week of Summer classes. Three tests down 8 days of classes under my belt! If you wondering if I am struggling the answer is.. ABSOLUTELY YES!
On a lighter note I spent some time with my two favorite kiddos this morning Charlie and Luke. We played in the park and had a little park picnic. Spending time with those two never gets old and I love that Luke doesn't listen to me as if he were my own child lol. It was hard to leave the boys and go to school but I did it some how. I had to sit through my classes and bite my tongue and bide my time. When I finish school I won't care as much if people don't get what's going on around me. I get frustrated sometimes knowing that there are students who want to go into the same field but don't take what we're learning seriously. That or they think that the simplest things can change the circumstances of the world. If poverty were so easy to solve then why are there so many people poor?? Because people are lazy and don't want to work...according to some of my classmates this is the case. I throw those statements around lightly I am not directly quoting anyone just the general premise of some class discussions.
Next topic! I can't stay on school too long i get frustrated. I'm trying to plan a few things to do with the kids at school for the end of the year. I think we are going to do a field day and have an obstacle course. Hopefully I will have enough time to pull it all together. I got to check out my garden today. For those of you who do not know I have a small garden in the back yard a family I work closely with. I will have to post pictures the tomato plants are HUGE! We seem to have some pests approaching but I hope to stay on top of that problem. I attempt swim lessons again tomorrow since the weather has been dreary. Hopefully we'll have some sunshine! Oh! I almost forgot my big accomplishment of the day is I made it to the gym! I actually got some formal excercise in! I am excited about this because I was doing really well working out everyday training for a 5k I ran in April. After the race which I ran in 36 minutes I completely fell apart studying for finals. Since then I have not been able to get back in the groove. If anyone has seen me in the past year or so they can tell you I am about 30lbs over my normal weight. I don't feel healthy and I know that needs to change. Maybe I will start a blog tracking my progress and I will stay motivated! Oh the things I wish I had time to do. As I get into a routine writing on here again my posts won't be so diary like...I just need to start somewhere. Night all J.

No comments: